Knife Forging Class
This is an awsome experience for yourself or anyone you may know that would like to craft their own blade! You choose your blade and we will work with you to set up a day that works with our schedule.
- After registration, a liability waiver will be sent to be completed prior to beginning the class.
- You must be 18 y/o to attend this class. If you are under 18 y/o but atleast 14 y/o, an adult must be present during the entire duration of the class.
- Students are required to wear safety glasses and respirators at times (which will be provided).
- Appropriate clothing and shoes must be worn:
- Shoes: full ankle, preferably leather boots if possible
- Pants: jeans or canvas
- Apron: You can bring your own or one will be provided (leather)
- You are responsible for bringing drinks/snacks to keep yourself hydrated and fueled. Be mindful of the time of year - we are in South GA & the forge is HOT. You WILL need water to drink. We have a tap to refill water bottles if needed. Alcohol will not be permitted on site.
- You may want to bring a notepad and pen to take notes.
What You Will Learn
- Basic techniques of knife making
- Forging Basics: proper hammering, critical temperature, quench
- Hardening and tempering
- Grinding, shaping, and sharpening
What You Will Leave With:
- A fully completed knife and sheath
- Unforgettable experience
- A new set of skills
- A 12 Stitch Blades T-shirt and other extras